“What CAN you do?”
“What DO you do?”
My friend, Colleen turns 50 years old this September. She came up with this crazy idea to raise $50,000 in 50 days for WriteGirl, a nonprofit empowering girls through writing.
In 2 days, Colleen’s and her die-hard network of loving & loyal friends has raised over $11k. In two days!!! Come on, that’s awesome right? Inspiring stuff…
Here’s a brief summary of what I see contributing to Colleen’s success that you can apply to your projects, too:
- build a team (you don’t have to do it alone)
- create your community too (people want to know how be involved at different levels, stay in touch & help)
- be specific (you can’t do all things for all people)
- be timely (deadlines work, so make your own)
- be wildly optimistic! (average is boring)
- be generous (you have SO much to give, click on the pink link to see the gifts Colleen is giving to donors!)
- be grateful (I already received a personal thank you note from Colleen for my contribution, within moments of clicking “Submit”. )
So I’ve been asking myself, “What can I do… for my clients? for this big leap into my career path? for more time with the people who mean the most to me?”
How about you? What can you do? You’re welcome to share your answers here on the blog, in the comments below…
Wishing you all the best in business and beyond…
PS Did I mention Colleen is going to have a party to shave her head after she reaches the $50k?