Here’s a kick-in-the-pants about NETWORKING that I learned from hosting over 75 Women’s Business Socials over 5 years in 3 countries:
First, the BUMMER news:
1. It’s not enough to just show up, meet people, & trade business cards. It’s a GREAT start, but it’s not what builds real, trusted relationships in business with customers, mentors and advisers.
2. People HIDE behind their technology!
Websites, newsletters, blogs, podcasts, and emails won’t grow your business… again, it’s a good start. But you talking to people is what will grow your business.
Here’s some AWESOME news:
3. It’s SO much easier than you think to connect with people. Take the initiative and set up time for coffee, a walk, happy hour, something!
(Today, I sent a Facebook private message to a new friend/potential client about doing a workshop for her company while I’m in New York City next month. I swear, it’s that easy to be yourself!)
4. Everyone can do this: introverts, extroverts, yeah, even me and you. You can find a way to meet people and “talk shop” in a way that works for you and brings out your best self.
Here’s my SALESY sales pitch:
I want you to join the Get Momentum program today.
This program is specially designed to take your business to the next level. This is what I do now. Depending on the level you join, you’ll also get a private 1-hour coaching session.
Here’s my guarantee: You will get a ton of value.
- Practical training you can use immediately.
- Direct access to Jason and I (*how much depends on the level you join at).
- Support from a community of savvy global professionals.
- A range of reasonable prices for every budge.